Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hopping Down the Bunny Trail


It was great to have the kids for an Easter celebration at my house! plus I had extra help with my niece being in town.
We started with our circle time, singing lots of songs - we did "if you're happy and you know it" and each child got to pick an action to do with the song. (mixing it up a little bit)
We did - wiggle our toes, stretch up high, shake your booty, hug your friends, peek-a-boo...

We then read a cute Easter Egg story that Lilia brought for us.


After our story - we talked about Jesus Christ, Easter and the Resurrection.
It was wonderful to hear the children tell me the story as well. Annie had a lot of information
about Christ - and why we celebrate Easter.
I LOVED this idea of the Resurrection Eggs. I found this great link where you could print of cards
to put in each egg - each child should have had a dozen eggs in a zip lock bag and the card - with instructions and the meaning of each picture, to make their own Resurrection Eggs.
The Loved looking at each picture, and explained what they thought was the meaning behind each picture.

How to make Resurrection Eggs


After the lesson - we headed over to the craft table/snack table to decorate some foam eggs. They all had so much fun visiting and sharing stickers.
And - as always, they love snack time. We had gold fish and apples.


While the kids were busy with craft and snack time - the Easter Bunny paid a little visit to our back yard and hid eggs ALL over outside! The kids were THRILLED when we announced what had happened. They did stop long enough for me to get a group shot on the steps before running through the back yard to get eggs.
I couldn't just pick a few pictures to make a college - so I just added all of them to the blog. Enjoy! And I hope you and your family had a lovely Easter!













































2 comments:

  1. This was a really fun day. I think that we should some sort fo hunt every day with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are darling, Rebekeh! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete